Be safe and legal towing this summer!
By JH Automotive Services | Monday, August 19, 2013, 12:10
Are you planning on towing a trailer, cattle, sheep or horse trailer this summer?
When did you last have it serviced? It is very important that all trailers are regularly serviced - every 12 months or 60,000 miles.
VOSA are getting very strict on your trailer being as safe as possible on the road and are issuing points as well as hefty fines for your trailer not being road worthy. Below are some examples:
- No brake snag wire : 3 points £60 fine
- Bold-worn tyres : 3 points £60 fine per tyre
- No brakes on trailer : Trailer seized from you (unless trailer is of spec)
- Lights out on trailer : Trailer seized from you
- Wrong number plate : 3 points £60 fine
- No number : £60 fine
And even in the worse case, if an accident occurred with an un-road worthy trailer invalid insurance!
Tyres must be changed every 5 years and you should have a receipt to show this - whether they are worn or not, they can decline whilst being parked up during the winter.
We only charge £55 to service a trailer so call us today and pop your trailer over for that essential service!!