Profile image for pauline1

I was driving through Bideford early evening and saw the great effort they have made on their Christmas lights, every little road and trees all had pretty little lights on, was so Christmassy well done Bideford. Now Barnstaple on the other hand, being the bigger town as well, the Christmas decorations are rubbish, dark and hardly any, VERY DISAPPOINTED ! Just the high street, and clock tower! The high street has great big gaps in between each decoration too, so they have enough to reach each end of the street. The council just can't be bothered to spend a little bit more on the local people, spread some cheer, make it feel like Christmas whilst we are out in town shopping and celebrating. Well that's my views on our Council.

By pauline1 at 08:27 on 07/12/12

Re-post           

• Profile image for Piltonlady

I couldn't agree more. The decorations in Barnstaple are paltry while Bideford seems to have made a huge effort and looks lovely.

By Piltonlady at 09:26 on 07/12/12

• Profile image for pauline1

I'm just so disappointed, I always looked forward to seeing the towns Christmas Decorations going up. I would say on a happier note though, The Imperial Hotel tree is beautiful, so a big thank you goes out to them, they always make an effort.

By pauline1 at 09:37 on 07/12/12

• Profile image for Piltonlady

Yes, the tree at the Imperial does look excellent, as always. The current decorations have served us well in the past, and I can remember them looking very good, but I think it's time to invest in some new ones!

By Piltonlady at 09:41 on 07/12/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent