Profile image for violetoblivia

Asda's dreadful customer service & driver's bad attitude.......

Hi all,

I've been put through the wringer by Asda today and won't be shopping with them again. This was only the 2nd time I've ordered my shopping online with them but I won't do it again. I was meant to get my shopping delivered between 11am and 1pm. It got to 1pm and nothing so I rang them up. They denied any problems and said the driver was just a little late and he'd be there in a few minutes. By 1.15pm, I was starting to get annoyed so I rang them again and this time they said he was delayed and I had to sit tight. Just after I hang up from them, I get a phonecall from him. He can't find my address. He said he was by the Imperial Hotel so I told him to stay put and I'd come down to fetch him. He only drove off! I rang him again and he was at my address so I had to leg it back to open the gates for him. And it gets better: I had loads of stuff I didn't order that I couldn't use and 3 items missing that I had ordered. The driver just stood there and let me unload the crates and I've got back problems! I gave him back the 2 items I spotted weren't mine but I only discovered the others when I unpacked. I rang their Customer Services department and all they'll do is refund. I'm stuck with stuff I didn't order, without stuff I actually needed and one hell of a headache. I put in a complaint but I could tell they won't do anything about it. This has put me right off Asda, so I'm going back to Tesco for my shopping deliveries. Just thought I'd warn everyone how rubbish and downright uncaring they are.

Lou

By violetoblivia at 16:10 on 19/01/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for Barney_Bloggs

Asda do home deliveries? Since when? I've used Sainsbury's and Tesco's and I must say that when there have been problems they've always sorted them out. Asda sounds awful - maybe it was just that particular driver?

By Barney_Bloggs at 18:22 on 19/01/11

• Profile image for violetoblivia

They do indeed. They started delivering to Barnstaple in November 2009. I thought I'd give them a go but I won't bother in future. I reckon the driver was new but his attitude really did stink and the people I rang were no better. Back to Tesco I go. At least I get points with them and they know how to get here! lol

By violetoblivia at 19:50 on 19/01/11

• Profile image for Ark Nursing and Care Agency

Dont be too harsh on Asda, it's not local you know that? Asda send their home deliveries from Tiverton. Apparently bideford not able to deal with them, which means you have a driver who has driven 40 miles down the link road, with no idea where he is going when they get there.
    No I don't work for Asda nor do I get home delivery, but I wouldn't be happy either travelling the link road, nor would I be able to guaruntee a time because that road is awful.

By Ark Nursing and Care Agency at 20:56 on 19/01/11

• Profile image for mystryshopper

Tiverton? Really? I was just about to give them a go and see how they compared to the other home delivery supermarkets. I'm not going to do it now - although it would save me money on fuel it wouldn't be a very green option with all that diesel they would use coming from Tivvy.

By mystryshopper at 21:28 on 19/01/11

• Profile image for pobox112

This is being put through the wringer? 15 minutes off a time slot? From what I have seen and experienced, all the Supermarkets do a decent job. Even Morrison's are about to joy in.

By pobox112 at 16:45 on 20/01/11

'join in' that should be...

By pobox112 at 16:46 on 20/01/11

30 mins and that was the least of my problems. Having to chase the ****** driver around, his attitude, the attitude of the Customer Services guy I spoke to and the fact that they actually mucked up my order. People seem to be fixating on the delay and that wasn't the only issue. I know my post is long but please do me the courtesy of reading it all the way through. I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall here. *sigh*

By violetoblivia at 16:53 on 20/01/11

You are not banging your head against a brick wall. We live in times of annoyance and mostly poor service (when rated). You could post on the Asda Website about this experience and star rate it (there are no minus stars). Asda have fair Terms and Conditions. The only matter that was unusual for me was the self unloading? I can only presume you had completely fallen out with the Driver by then?

By pobox112 at 17:30 on 20/01/11

• Profile image for A_McCormack

You could also rate and review ASDA on the bidefordpeople website as it is listed in their business directory http://tinyurl.com/4nj9dvt

By A_McCormack at 18:57 on 20/01/11

That's what I don't get either. I had been nice to him the whole time even though I felt like strangling him. It's bad enough with me having back problems but what if he had to deliver to someone disabled? It's out of order really.

By violetoblivia at 19:45 on 20/01/11

The bottom line on this, particularly as you feel that Customer Services are not treating the manner with the right amount of concern is to write to the Chief Executive. The buck stops there and with an ethos of service from the American Owners you should get a qualified answer.

Mr A Clarke, CEO
    Southbank,
    Great Wilson Street,
    Leeds
    LS11 5AD

By pobox112 at 23:28 on 20/01/11

Thanks for the info. I'll be doing that. It seems that even after they promised a refund for what they didn't deliver, they've still taken the full amount from my account this morning. This is getting worse and worse.

By violetoblivia at 07:48 on 21/01/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent